Welcome to Year 6!
We have an exciting year ahead with lots of fantastic opportunities for the children to learn in a variety of ways. We will also be focussing on preparing the children for their exciting journey to secondary school in a years time!
Download and read Year 6 - Our Curriculum PDF
Meet the Team
Mrs K Nightingale
Horowitz Class Teacher
Mr J Thorne
Lewis Class Teacher
Miss C Carpenter
Mrs K Bozai
Routines & Notices
Our PE days: Thursdays and Fridays. On these days, children should come into school wearing their PE kits and will remain in them for the day.
- Black shorts or track suit bottoms
- School house P.E. T shirt or plain white shirt
- Plain black hoodie or tracksuit top
- Reading every day
- Multiplication tables every day.
- Maths homework on MyMaths website
- Spelling homework on Spelling Shed website
This will be set on a Thursday and should be completed by the following Tuesday (though spelling tests will be on a Monday so please factor this in when organising your time).
- Pupils must be collected by one of the named adults on our pupil data Management Information System (MIS). This is informed by registration forms for the school and updated periodically by parents/carers.
- Parents/carers may write to the school to change or add to this list. This letter will be kept in the pupil file.
- Older siblings must be 16 years of age and over to collect and a signed and dated note must be on file.
- All pupils must be collected on time.
- Walking home alone: only pupils in Years 5 and 6 are allowed to walk home alone. A signed and dated note from the parent/carer must be provided and be kept in the pupil file. Parents/carers may also record this via the ‘Forms’ section of our App. This will be recorded in our MIS. Pupils will not be allowed to walk alone with younger siblings and therefore be responsible for them.
- We communicate through sending letters and newsletters to your email!! (Check your junk folder and update us if you change your email)
- Dinners and trips are booked and paid via ParentPay
- If you need to discuss anything please arrange a meeting with your child’s class teacher. There are several points in the year where we will report progress to you formally.
please email email@example.com with any queries or questions
If your child has prescribed medication (and only prescribed medication) please collect a Prescribed Medication Form from the office and provide updated details. If your child has asthma you will need to check their inhaler has not expired.
If you have a question or concern about your child please do not hesitate to speak to your child’s teacher.
In Year 6 children need to be ready for mature, independent learning. This year we aim to ensure they are ready for their move towards secondary school and that they develop the confidence they need to take this next step. Children need to be ready with their reading books daily and their homework weekly to ensure they are able to make excellent progress in all areas.
Year 6 are the role models for every student in the school and therefore we have high expectations of their respectful behaviour. In Year 6 there are plenty of opportunities for leadership roles within the school and this is an excellent time for children to show off their respectful attitude and manners.
Year 6 are setting the bar high for the school by showing safe behaviour at all times. Within the classroom children are expected to be modelling safe behaviour and ensuring the safe use of any resources we provide.