Welcome to Year 2
Over the coming year we will be continuing to support, encourage and promote the children’s emotional development and improve their independence and self-awareness as well as continuing to improve their reading, writing and mathematical ability.
Here are some things you can do that will support your child in school for the coming year:-
- Ensure the correct school uniform is worn and LABELLED.
- Ensure the correct PE kit is in school
- Support homework as appropriate and have it returned on time.
- Read with your child at least 3 times a week and sign the reading record 3 times.
Download and read Year 2 - Our Curriculum PDF
Meet the Team
Miss D Falconer
Cole Class Teacher
Miss S Van Niekerk
Ahlberg Class Teacher
Mrs J Hinds
Mrs K Asquith
Mrs S Beasley
Routines & Notices
Our PE days: Tuesday and Wednesday. Wear your PE kit for the whole day when you have PE
- Black shorts or track suit bottoms
- School house P.E. T shirt or plain white shirt
- Plain black hoodie or tracksuit top
- Reading every day.
- Multiplication tables every day.
- Maths homework on MyMaths website
- Spelling homework on Spelling Shed website
- Pupils must be collected by one of the named adults on our pupil data Management Information System (MIS). This is informed by registration forms for the school and updated periodically by parents/carers.
- Parents/carers may write to the school to change or add to this list. This letter will be kept in the pupil file.
- Older siblings must be 16 years of age and over to collect and a signed and dated note must be on file.
- All pupils must be collected on time.
If your child has prescribed medication (and only prescribed medication) please collect a Prescribed Medication Form from the office and provide updated details. If your child has asthma you will need to check their inhaler has not expired.
Children should be bring their reading records to school every day. We would like to see parent/carer comments in the children’s reading records three times a week.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries or questions.
Dates: trips, visits, class assemblies
Dates to follow